ZIMBABWE EZEKIEL GUTI UNIVERSITY
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University (ZEGU) is inviting suitably qualified personnel to fill in the following posts:
1. Position Title: Director of Business Development and Innovation
Position Location: Harare, Zimbabwe with frequent travel to Bindura
Status: Full time contract – 4 years
Reports to: Vice Chancellor
DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION (1 Post)
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
· A first degree in any discipline
· At least a Master’s degree in business leadership, marketing, strategy, or related fields is a distinct advantage.
· Proven business development capacity and grant support from local and international public and private sectors.
· Strong project management skills, given to the scope, complexity, and interdisciplinary nature of the work.
· Demonstrated track record overseeing business development as evidenced by contributions to organizational revenue and growth through competitive bidding process.
· Exceptional skills in establishing relationships, negotiating, and influencing others as demonstrated by an active network of business and professional contacts.
· Demonstrated mature judgement, critical thinking, and team-building skills.
· Personal and professional integrity and the ability to set a tone of ethics and values.
· Develop partnerships with industry to support the growth and sustainability of the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Overall initiation, development, management and supervision of all business development initiatives teams and bids.
· Researching organizations and individuals to find identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products, and services seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives to develop and improve the business.
· Managing and stewarding relationships with development partners and international project/research funding organisations.
· implement new policies or deliver strategic objectives.
· Providing financial and risk management oversight for business projects.
· Developing and delivering a culture of innovation to support new income streams including initiating entrepreneurial and enterprising initiatives that add value, revenue, and richness to the University and to enhance its reputation.
· Working to stringent targets, and to adopt a professional and knowledgeable approach to each new business call.
· Strategic planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans.
2. FACULTY SECRETARY (1 POST)
Qualifications and Skills Required
· 5 O’ Level passes including English Language
· Diploma in Office Management/Administration/Secretarial or equivalent
· A Degree in Office Management/Administration will be an added advantage
· 2 years relevant experience
· Computer literacy
· Knowledge of Office Management System
· Excellent communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ordering, disbursement and stock control of department stationery
· Typing and filing of all office correspondence
· Manages the diary of events for all the departments
· Arranging, servicing meetings and takes minutes thereof
· Implementing departmental systems and procedures
· Events planning
· Departmental reception administration and
· Ensuring venues are set up and requisite facilities are available
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30 JULY 2021
Six (6) copies of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal information including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including emails and addresses. Evidence of membership of a professional association (where applicable) should also be attached.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Position” which is being applied for and submitted to:
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University
Stand No. 1901 Barrassie Rd, Off Shamva Rd
P.O. Box 350, Bindura, Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University,
Harare Teaching and Learning Centre,
18836 Hampden Road, Belvedere,
e-mailed to: email@example.com in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.