ZIMBABWE EZEKIEL GUTI UNIVERSITY
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University (ZEGU) is inviting suitably qualified personnel to fill in the following post:
Assistant Librarian (1 post)
The candidate should possess the following key competencies:
Qualifications and Skills
· BSc (Hons) Library and Information Science.
· At least five (5) years of continuous experience of working in an academic or research library.
· Experience working in a law library is an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, the incumbent’s duties include:
· Managing the law library collection and reference services.
· Participates in the development of Information Literacy Skills training programmes.
· Plans and coordinates training programmes for library patrons
· Managing and administering effective use of ICT-based resources and services: Develop content for the Library Website.
· Assists Library patrons in locating library resources.
· Participates in the Library collection development (both print and electronic).
· Cataloguing and classification of Library resources.
· Organise and conducts Library user education and orientation.
· Performs any other duties as assigned from time to time.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 27 AUGUST 2019
Six (6) copies of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including emails and addresses. Evidence of membership of a professional association (where applicable) should also be attached.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Position” which is being applied for and submitted to:
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University
Stand No. 1901 Barrassie Rd, Off Shamva Rd
P.O. Box 350, Bindura, Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University,
Harare Teaching and Learning Centre,
18836 Hampden Road, Belvedere,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.